What's new

Cameras Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct_Boss_709

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Austin, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I don't know if this is the right place for this so please correct me and/or delete this if I'm wrong. I work with a company in Austin, TX and we're always trying to find new ways to source cameras so we can refurbish them and then get them into the hands of new photographers.

One way we thought about finding cameras was to ask people who go to estate sales, and similar events, to buy cameras and then sell them to us on an ongoing basis. We want to form long-term relationships where everyone benefits.

We're looking for certain kinds of cameras at the moment (mostly 35mm film cameras like the Canon AE-1 or AE-1 Program, but open to others).

So basically you would find cameras at various events, buy them for whatever price you can, then sell them to us (for more than you paid, hopefully). This way, we get more cameras to refurbish and get into the hands of new photographers and you can make some money going places and doing something you already like to do.

Again, my apologies if this isn't an appropriate topic for this forum but I was trying to reach people who might potentially be interested in something like this.

Thanks very much.
 
I will suggest that any TPM member that is interested, send a direct message to the OP.
 
I scan estatesales dot net regularly for local estates sales, and I never see decent cameras for sale. I think the high value small items are snapped up by family members. You can occasionally get a good deal on shopgoodwill dot com, but only if it is a less known model. Well known models go for ridiculous prices with no guarantee they even work. My best deal was on facebook marketplace after a long period of monitoring. Sometimes a great model comes along that someone wants to sell fast or just don't care about.
 
I scan estatesales dot net regularly for local estates sales, and I never see decent cameras for sale. I think the high value small items are snapped up by family members. You can occasionally get a good deal on shopgoodwill dot com, but only if it is a less known model. Well known models go for ridiculous prices with no guarantee they even work. My best deal was on facebook marketplace after a long period of monitoring. Sometimes a great model comes along that someone wants to sell fast or just don't care about.
Thanks very much for your thoughts. I appreciate it.
 
I would also check the Goodwill Auctions on line. Some good stuff and mostly bad but prices are quite good.
 
Hello!

I don't know if this is the right place for this so please correct me and/or delete this if I'm wrong. I work with a company in Austin, TX and we're always trying to find new ways to source cameras so we can refurbish them and then get them into the hands of new photographers.

One way we thought about finding cameras was to ask people who go to estate sales, and similar events, to buy cameras and then sell them to us on an ongoing basis. We want to form long-term relationships where everyone benefits.

We're looking for certain kinds of cameras at the moment (mostly 35mm film cameras like the Canon AE-1 or AE-1 Program, but open to others).

So basically you would find cameras at various events, buy them for whatever price you can, then sell them to us (for more than you paid, hopefully). This way, we get more cameras to refurbish and get into the hands of new photographers and you can make some money going places and doing something you already like to do.

Again, my apologies if this isn't an appropriate topic for this forum but I was trying to reach people who might potentially be interested in something like this.

Thanks very much.
Hello, my name is Dave Thompson and I just inherited several cameras. Part of this batch were two very nice Yashica Mat 124g cameras. They are in excellent condition with nice leather leather cases. I'm interested in trading the two for a Speed Graphic, either 2.25 X 3.25 or 3.25 X 4.25. If you are interested send me your thoughts.
Thanks
 
Hello!

I don't know if this is the right place for this so please correct me and/or delete this if I'm wrong. I work with a company in Austin, TX and we're always trying to find new ways to source cameras so we can refurbish them and then get them into the hands of new photographers.

One way we thought about finding cameras was to ask people who go to estate sales, and similar events, to buy cameras and then sell them to us on an ongoing basis. We want to form long-term relationships where everyone benefits.

We're looking for certain kinds of cameras at the moment (mostly 35mm film cameras like the Canon AE-1 or AE-1 Program, but open to others).

So basically you would find cameras at various events, buy them for whatever price you can, then sell them to us (for more than you paid, hopefully). This way, we get more cameras to refurbish and get into the hands of new photographers and you can make some money going places and doing something you already like to do.

Again, my apologies if this isn't an appropriate topic for this forum but I was trying to reach people who might potentially be interested in something like this.

Thanks very much.
PM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom