What's new

War and Peace (200kb)

JigsawMan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I took this snapshot at the weekend. Any thoughts? I didn't crop it at all as you can see from the vignetting (lens hood on the 17-85mm IS at 17mm gets in the way just a little) but I don;t think it hurts the image. Reduced in size to 800x600ish for web viewing. The full image looks a bit better.

I kinda like the trees on the left as they create a nice natural border but maybe it would look better with a crop? Please rate it or slate it as I am here to learn.

warpeace800x600.jpg


For those of you interested (and with a copy of Photoshop):

To do the selective colouring take a look at this guide:
http://www.phototakers.com/articles/articles/33.html

For the black and white conversion I used this guide:
http://www.outbackphoto.com/workshop/channelmixer/channelmixer.html

thanks for taking the time to look!!
 
Great effect, too bad the soccer net is the background.. Selective coloring always seems to produce nice results!
 
dirtnapper said:
Great effect, too bad the soccer net is the background.. Selective coloring always seems to produce nice results!

yeah, i think I'll try and edit the net out of the picture. thanks!
 
I really really like this, the only criticism I could make is if you made the child in black and white also, i'm curious as to see what it would look like, and I think it would change the picture for the better, but then again, that's just my personal preferance.
 
good work on the SC... i like this shot... is he the referee in this tug-a-war? or just trying to help? :)

I agree with the above about the soccer goal and that it might be improved upon with just one element in SC, either one would probably look good. but it's fun the way it is too!

Jason
 
I like this shot. I agree about the net too, but the selective colour works for me here.
 
great shot, the selcetive colour is well done :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom