Warrenton, VA

chammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
havent posted photos in a while so i figured it was time. took these saturday while attending a dog show in warrenton/millwood virginia. these were of the area surrounding the location (sorry in advance for the number of photos...loved them all, but couldnt narrow it down any further lol).

millwood-12.jpg

millwood-13.jpg

millwood-16.jpg

millwood-17.jpg

millwood-18.jpg

millwood-21.jpg

millwood-22.jpg

millwood-23.jpg

I like 5 and 8 but find that in 5 that little branch or w.e. sticking out takes my eye away from the beautiful flower. Nice shots though.
Tj

Everyone is very nice... just # 2 to me seems "lopsided" on the top... too much sky.

I really like the abandoned house(shot6), and the post work on the last one is extremely cool.

I like #2 if you crop it to remove the two distracting trees. #5 as well, but that stalk on the right is distracting. I'd crop just enough to remove that.

I really like the abandoned house(shot6), and the post work on the last one is extremely cool.

Yeah, and on 6 maybe crop a little bit of the sky? Awesome shot though

I like #2 if you crop it to remove the two distracting trees. #5 as well, but that stalk on the right is distracting. I'd crop just enough to remove that.

Yeah. Just for #5, cropping the stalk might ruin his use of the rule of thirds.

#6 jumps out at me... I like it. Probably want to use the rule of thirds on this shot- lil' more grass, offset the subject more to one side, etc.

I actually like the centering in 6, but I see what you mean. I think the centering gives it a kinda creepy feeling - but I havent seen it with the rule of thirds in play...

I really like the color range (not sure if that's the proper way to describe it) on 6, 7, and 8. Could you explain how you achieved that? It looks similar to an hdr effect...

zeppman: none were hdr's. was all just play time in lightroom. i hadnt yet played with using the software graduated neutral density filter in it yet, and because of how bright the sky turned out i figured i'd play around with it to see how it works. i then used some fill light to light back up the houses. seemed to work pretty decently.

denny: i purposefully broke the rule for #6. figured the nice circular fence wrapped around the building centered in the frame would work, and i think it did. :)

i agree about #2, but i figured i could use the trees to frame the photo instead of losing the nice wide angle of the fence coming in, and then going away from the viewer in the center of the frame leading you to the mountains in the background. i would prefer if they weren there, but eh...what can you do. if i crop them out then i think the fence would lose some of its effect. :(

thanks for looking, and your comments. :)

Most reactions

Back