Thank you, I was using the Nikkor 24-120mm VR at 24mm. Not wide, only equivalent to about 36mm. Now if I was using film, it would be wide.
EDIT (missed LaFoto):
Danke for the compliment! I have been doing a bunch of HDR's, and I actually tried to HDR this, but I just couldn't work it out the way that I wanted it to go. So I took the middle exposure and got pretty close to what I was looking for. I didn't really have to light the foreground in photoshop, some minor dodging did the job, the dead grass reflected the light off the clouds surprisingly well, In person, the grass was only slightly darker than the sky, now the mountains, not so much. The halo on the tree is just sharpening for web use.
When the Rogue Valley has wierd weather, it really is beutiful.
I didn't illustrate it very much when I was living there before, and was barely able to do shooting over christmas, so I'm trying to cram in as much landscape photography as I can between these past few weeks.