Washington D.C. mall candids (part 3, DUW)

Nice pictures what camera do you use?

Love #2 and #6.

You have a good sense of balancing the prominent elements in a frame.

ALL of your candids are sooooo good!
I don't know if I would dare showing pics of the kind here, but we have had that discussion on here over and again about candid shots of people we don't know and whether we have the right to publish them or whether we don't. Seems like in the States you clearly have that right, as long as you don't sell those pics and make money with them, whereas here in Germany you don't necessarily have that right. But I have seen people shots on www.fotocommunity.de that also show people in the streets and those got published on that forum, too. So there.... I am still quite confused about the whole,...

... but LOVE this kind of photography and really really like YOUR photos here (and in the other threads) and would like to be able to take more of the kind myself and SHOW you!

i dont think its right... if i caught somebody taking a photo of me i would probably give em a smack around the head, and if i seen a photo of me posted on the net id try and track down the publisher and give them a bit more than a smack around the head!

although i must say, i really like these pics!

lil dvl said:
i dont think its right... if i caught somebody taking a photo of me i would probably give em a smack around the head, and if i seen a photo of me posted on the net id try and track down the publisher and give them a bit more than a smack around the head!

although i must say, i really like these pics!

Then you'd probably end up going to the stripey barred place where hiding things in your bum makes you popular. :) At least for a little while.

Candid photography is perfectly legal in public places and places where there is no expectation of privacy. You can't use the candids to sell products (though you likely can sell prints of them) and you can't portray your subject in a false light (i.e., putting them all on a webpage titled "Known Criminals"), but you certainly can snap their photo and put them on the internet. At least in the states.

wtf, you have the best pics I've seen here lately and you say are just candids.
beautiful !!! just great, man !

I love these shots, I really want to go and do this sort of stuff myself, but I get a bit shy of pointing a camera around.

I really love the one of the dude sleeping under the tree :)

Theres something about No 5 I dont like, the ducks look fake, my wife reckons its because the traffic cone is too red in the background and needs removing.

I really like No2 because it is certainly a discussion point. The person in pink looks like a man to me, I cant decide if the people in the background are staring at the person in pink as they look very eccentric or if they are staring at you for taking the photo!

When I try this I hope they turn out as well as yours did.

Cheers,
Steve.

Most reactions

Back