Watch your step

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out looking for wildflowers near the Trona Pinnacles last night and almost stepped on this little guy. My foot was inches from his head. Very glad he was not interested in biting me, because I certaintly gave him the opportunity. Panamint Rattlesnake.

I like that he disguised himself with the flower on his head.

5636445775_af7fd144d9_o.jpg

Great capture. I'm sure that you were quite in shock as you took the photo. That leads me to believe your hands might have been shaking, but alas the photo does not convey that at all. The exposure seems to be quite good for the situation at hand. Congratulations on surviving an encounter with such a beast.

She's got a nice hat!

I would have freaked out, and ran. I would not have stayed to take a picture. Yer crazy!

Yeah my hands were shaking, lots of adrenaline in my system. Thank goodness for image stablization!

She's got a nice hat!

I would have freaked out, and ran. I would not have stayed to take a picture. Yer crazy!

I got quite a chuckle out of that Bitter. Let's hope he was using some long glass for that shot. I too would have gone for the pic but not if I had to get closer than 3-4 feet.

She's got a nice hat!

I got quite a chuckle out of that Bitter. Let's hope he was using some long glass for that shot. I too would have gone for the pic but not if I had to get closer than 3-4 feet.

Yup 300 mm lens, was about 5 ft away. (and ready to run)

Brrr.. I hate snakes but thats one nice capture. I cant seem to figure out if I was in the situation would I run or take a pic... How big was the bugger?

Brrr.. I hate snakes but thats one nice capture. I cant seem to figure out if I was in the situation would I run or take a pic... How big was the bugger?

He was about 2.5 ft long.

F!!!!! Hate snakes with a passion! You're lucky man. One bite and you'd be F'd really badly!

You was really lucky man! But the photo was great! nice flower hat for the snake!

Two and a half feet long means he could strike about 18". I'd run!!!

I would be more afraid of the streets of Toronto at night than a snake in the wild. Hardly a day goes by without violent crime in the city, often fatal.

Most reactions

Back