Watch

andythebrave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How about these?

What's right and what's wrong? I know the top quarter of the dial in the first image is out of focus; do you think this is inexcusable or does it usefully add to the feeling of depth?

All handheld in light from 60W household tungsten bulb using Olympus SP500 on full auto with no flash. No image manipulation.

Imga2361.jpg

Imga2362.jpg

It looks like you've got a nice camera; these are sharp, and the colors and skin tones come out nicely. But really, they're just snapshots. Watches and watch macros are always interesting to look at-- but that's only when there's a plain background, or something else to catch your eye. I think these could both work (besides the poor-ish composition) if you shot at a different angle, and used some more DOF so you don't have the distracting elements in the background. :thumbup:

you also have a colour cast because of the 60 watt light, I take it the bands on the pullover are white and the bach of the watch strap is cream, change the white balance to tungsten and the shot will improve.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll remember your suggestions when I get the replacement for the sadly dropped (and, hence, now non-functional) SP-500. Probably an S3 IS which is a little easier to manually control the settings.

Most reactions

Back