TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mytravelphotos.us
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
water color.jpg

Indeed! :D

But I wish this photo were sharper all in all.
If you had chosen a smaller aperture, which would automatically have lead to a longer shutter speed, the light sources would have come out more defined, less looking like big, bright blobs. At the same time, the motion of the water would have blurred it more, what with the long exposure time you'd have got, and that effect is quite popular!

This means, of course, that you NEED to have a tripod. Do you have one? Or did you have to try and take this one handheld? (I'm asking because on one occasion while on holidays in Turkey I found myself WANTING to take night photos, while when we set out for our walk I couldn't be bothered to lug the tripod along, so when the urge came upon me and the tripod was in the hotel, I HAD to up the ISO to the max, open up as widely as seemed feasible, and ignore any "light-blob-effect" I might get out of them).

The motion was caused by the boat I was in. We were on our way to the docks after a dinner cruise (Hue, Perfume River) and I just grabbed the camera, the boat was rocking and moving quite fast. I didn't expect to get a photo, but the colors were so nice, I decided to keep it.

that's artistic

Most reactions

Back