water cooling a CPU and GPU

:roll:

that was just sad....i hope that was just a joke.

excellent :twisted:
:lmao:
that comer guy must have been a joking.

skyeg, my friend does watercooling and he says it doesn't really do much for temps unless you make it into a refrigerator (use phase-change cooling). otherwise it's just cooling by convection, as is an aircooled system, but with a somewhat larger heatsink apparatus.

that's not to say a watercooled comp doesn't look cool as hell. i saw a photo of one with a red motherboard, blue lights, and green fluid in the cooling pipes

yeah i was thinking about using CO2....my dad has a big green house and pumps CO2 into it...the big tanks are right outside my room so i was gonna use it and do the whole phase change thing...but i decided im not that much of a dork YET..and im only going to try to overclock it about 900mhz

also i have to leave time for photography :shock:

I loved that link from Ant and that's gotta be a put-on because no one could be that much of a moron......or could they?
Before you start thinking about phase change cooling just remember what you're trying to do and that's to move heat from one place to another.
I mentioned that I'd seen a water cooled setup in operation and that used a small water pump (I think from an aquarium?) moving the coolant (antifreeze and water) through a radiator made from an oil cooler which was bolted on top of the computer case, he even had a fan mounted behind it to blow air through.
It was around three years back and I don't remember what sort of overclock was achieved but the cost in parts and time of putting the lot together would've easily paid for a faster processor, still, he had fun and I assume this is a boredom thing?
Hope it works for you and have fun!

Lol that link WAS a crack-up ! ;)

Here's Comer's other thread about his original post.
He conducted a poll ... go and look at everyones response lol.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57008

P.S and yes , I am a sad individual ... not only did I read all 6 pages but I looked at the first 3 pages of the above thread also ;) :crazy:

i read the last 4 pages of your new thread, luminosity.
:bounce: proof that i should be asleep now instead.
i think he eventually admits it was a joke...

argh... it's so much talk...
the original post was great, i fell outta my chair
the guy's avatar really paints a picture
comer.jpg
lol

Skyeg said:
yeah i was thinking about using CO2....my dad has a big green house and pumps CO2 into it...the big tanks are right outside my room so i was gonna use it and do the whole phase change thing...but i decided im not that much of a dork YET..and im only going to try to overclock it about 900mhz

also i have to leave time for photography :shock:

beware of co2
it's real danger :lol:

i decided since this is a bordom thing...and im only trying to overclock about 900mhz im goign to forget the whole phase change thing and go back to my original plane...except now im going to use a heater core from a 1986 chevette as the radiator :)

now i just need to wait for all my stuff to get here, i should have got overnight shipping

Most reactions

New Topics

Back