What's new

Water Drop

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D90 | Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro | Nikon R1 Flash with gels

052220121686-X2.jpg


Thanks for looking.

LARGER
 
Wow, that's gorgeous! Very well done. Love it!
 
Love those blues! And the combination with the oranges gives it a nice balance... Great photo!
 
Thanks! I liked how it came out. I think I need to clone out the air-borne droplets on the right.
They bother me suddenly.

Thanks again for the comments.
 
Nicely done. The vibrant colours make it
 
I like. Did you die the water or is it just lighting? I tried a similar shot, but yours came out SOOOO much better! I want more info!
 
I like. Did you die the water or is it just lighting? I tried a similar shot, but yours came out SOOOO much better! I want more info!

Just tap water with no coloring. All the colors came from gels on the strobes - 2 SB200's (Nikon R1 close-up speed light kit)
The colors were enhanced in post by adjusting curves or black point.

Some others I did today:

052220121945-X2.jpg




052220121654-X2.jpg





052220121886-X2.jpg



Thanks for the comments folks.

:)
 
Last edited:
NIce work! I've never learned moe about photography than i have taking pictures of water drops. Great practice with the exposure triangle, and OCF.
 
WOW...! thats amazing... i love the last two shots... the angle, colors and the sharpness... make me want to play with water myself ;D
 
Ok, THAT is just cool. I love them all. But I REALLY love the purple one.
 
can you post a pic of your setup?
 
I really love that purple one too and how the droplets splashed out rather symmetrically, super cool :)
 
can you post a pic of your setup?

Too late. If I set it up again I will get a pic. Nothing special to be honest.

I hung a zip-lock bag 1/2 filled with water from my doorway chin-up bar using duct tape and poked a hole in it.
Large bowl with water underneath. Best if you put this in place first ...
Camera on a tripod, remote release, manual exposure and focusing, off-camera flash if you can (in my case the R1 system).

Take a lot of shots. ;)

Last one - thanks all.

052220121980-X2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom