Water Drops? It's a new craze?

HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I have seen that water drop threads are a plenty here at the moment. I took these a fair few months back, maybe 6 or more. This was my first attempt at it and i'm happy with how I went. I know how to improve but I haven't altered my setup yet to achieve this. I did these with a canon 100mm macro lens and 5D2. I hope you like them.
img3208web.jpg

img3175web.jpg

img3333web.jpg

img3451web.jpg

5. HDR of above
waterdropweb.jpg

img3485web.jpg

img4024web.jpg

Thanks for comments and viewing..

How about a bowl of milk and having a oreo cookie falling into it:drool:
everyone is doing this water thing.

Wonderful sharpness. Nicely done.

2 is just awesome

Water drops arent exactly a "new" craze, but oh well.. at least no 2 photos of them are ever truely the same.. also it's something someone can do indoors, and it's something pretty interesting to try out when someone gets into macro for the first time.. I get my 100mm macro L lens todayyyyyy.. woohoo.

Also I agree ^ 2 is awesome.

Not a new trend, or just as new as HDR and Selective Colouring are.

Doesn't mean they aren't fun to do though! They are challenging, specially when you try and do them different than the masses.

I like yours very nice job. Have you tried varying the background you are using while shooting? Find some fun shapes, maybe some gift wrapping paper. These can sometimes be nicely reflected in the water drop and provide some interesting bokeh.

Doesn't mean they aren't fun to do though!

My favorite part is going through and throwing out all of the ones that look phallic.

Hrm. Perhaps I shouldn't have admitted that...

LOL, yeah I noticed that they tend to look this way a good percentage of the time...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back