Water drops

Mcleod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had a go at water drops today, probably have heaps of technical problems, but I'm happy with a few of them( out of about 200 shots). All have minor pp, mostly cropping and some curve adjustment.C&C welcome;)
colouredsplash.jpg

2. It is no 1 cropped, which is better?
colouredsplashsmall.jpg

splasho.jpg

singledrop.jpg

5. i MISSED THE DROP ON THIS ONE BUT GOT A COOL VORTEX EFFECT INSTEAD.
vortexo.jpg

i like #1, but it seems for the rest of them, you got a tad closer than the minimum focusing distance, so all except #1 look OOF

I was going to mention the OOF issues as well; I really like #5, I could see it displayed behind the Culligan name....

I like #1 the best. The water is so frozen it looks gelatinous.

yea #1 looks really good. how did you get this effect? what settings did you use?

maybe I'm just perverted, but #3 looks like something lol.

maybe I'm just perverted, but #3 looks like something lol.
HAHAHA:lmao::lmao: ,,, i have to admit i saw that too !

But i love the shots i think they are awesome !

Thanx for your C&C, interesting thing I found is everyone agrees that 1 is the only one not OOF, but #2 is the same image
just cropped tighter. Anyway, #1 is definately my favourite too and #5. I seen the water drops on flickr and thought they
looked soo cool I just had to give it a go.
On the first pic I used some pink craft stuff, draped over the sink with blue food colouring in the water(sink half full).
Camera flash was set to auto, f/6.3, 1/8sec, ISO100 at 38mm. It was pretty bright inside and I just rested my cam on the edge of the sink.
I'm still not 100% sure on setting up my cam, but I'm getting there. I usually take a lot of shots and change the settings. I end up with alot of junk pics
but usually end up with a few good ones(by fluke).
I'm using a...
Nikon D60
Standard Kit lenses...
AF-S 18-55mm DX
AF-S 55-200mm DX

Most reactions

Back