Water Drops

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tell me what you think? This was my first attempt ever at this, so tell me what to do differently next time. The setup was a glass pan, full to the brim with green water. About a foot above was a gallon sized bag full of green water, dripping at a constant rate. Camera was about 6 inches infront of the drop zone, with a flash on the hotshoe, and one off to the left pointed towards the backdrop. The backdrop was a white sheet of paper, and a red sheet of paper was underneath.

Thanks in advance! And i LOVE the color one, but i feel that the black and whites are too dark?

Drop3color.jpg

Drop1.jpg

Drop2.jpg

Oh, and all editing was done in lightroom 3.2, the best RAW editing software ever!

These look great!

I don't know in what way you cropped these #2 is a little tight on the bottom, if that was the edge of the frame then back it up a bit so that you can crop for better composition.

Do more of these and play around with the colors, even changing the colors by adjusting the temp in lightroom.

I look forward to seeing more.

Last edited:
Great job on number 1!

try adding in some other colors in there with the green could get some fun stuff :)

I cant critique youre pics but will say their beautiful one day when I grow up I hope to take pics like these

I like these especially for your first try these are legit.

Alright i'll give my $0.02, remember these are just opinions.

#1: I love how the the focus is very sharp except if you try and focus in the middle of the drop maybe the back will be infocus too. Give it a shot and see if you can get the whole thing in focus.

#2: Tight crop like said above.
For both #2 and #3 try to get the splash in there too I know they splash more then shown, show it off. Show that they splash show the drips coming off the splash makes it more dramatic.

I also see you only have crowns which is good because those are the hardest to time. Try getting the pointy ones too. It boosts your confidence to go for more.
Well with me it did. Keep at it and looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks all! This is only the first set of many to come

bump up the DOF, little shallow.. jmo

these were at f13... I didnt bump it up anymore because f6.3-11 or 13 is ideal with this lens..

I like these especially for your first try these are legit.

Alright i'll give my $0.02, remember these are just opinions.

#1: I love how the the focus is very sharp except if you try and focus in the middle of the drop maybe the back will be infocus too. Give it a shot and see if you can get the whole thing in focus.

#2: Tight crop like said above.
For both #2 and #3 try to get the splash in there too I know they splash more then shown, show it off. Show that they splash show the drips coming off the splash makes it more dramatic.

I also see you only have crowns which is good because those are the hardest to time. Try getting the pointy ones too. It boosts your confidence to go for more.
Well with me it did. Keep at it and looking forward to seeing more.

Hahaha, you think there was any timing? These 3 came out of the last set of 100. By this point i left it on a timed interval of seven seconds for 100 shots. (the seven seconds allowed for my flashes to fully recharge, theyre old). I basically let the water drip and let the camera go. Seemed to work :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back