What's new

Water fountains.

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20121208_0361-XL.jpg
 
I've never seen such beautiful water fountains! Great composition!
 
Interesting interplay of rectangles and ovals. Perfect composition.
 
These are water taps and basins no? why they are called fountains? :scratch:
 
Frequency said:
These are water taps and basins no? why they are called fountains? :scratch:

I really like this one, when I see two like that I think about public school but I can't fathom what fancy school would have these! Perhaps a facility that is frequented by children?

Nandakumar, these are drinking fountains, common in buildings but not often this fancy!
 
I like every bit of this. I believe it would make a neat B&W image too.

There is a bit of distortion that makes the image feel like it's tilted at the bottom.
 
I like every bit of this. I believe it would make a neat B&W image too.

There is a bit of distortion that makes the image feel like it's tilted at the bottom.

I had thought about B&W, but liked the colors too much. I will give it a go though.
I do see some of the distortion as well as a bit of keystoning. I took this with a 50mm on a D700 and I'm still not quite used to the 50 being a 50 and not more telephoto. Used DX for 3 years and am still a newb with FX.
I intend to go back with a longer lens so I get less divergence between the 2 basins.

@ Frequency - thought about that actually. In the States we call them water fountains or water bubblers (less often these days).

Thanks for the comments everyone.
 
And a monochrome version for Invisible. :)



20121208_0361_BW-X2.jpg

​



Which do you folks prefer?
 
I like both versions, but the B&W would be my choice.
 
Black and white version steals the show... it's way better...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom