TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Original

DSC_0656.jpg

Modified

water.jpg

Where should I have focused to make sure to have the entire pic in focus? Manual focus or autofocus?

i dont think the problem is "where should I focus" its a DOF problem... because the forground of your pic is in focus its just the back that isnt... i could be wrong though

It was shot at f25 4sec shutter speed iso200. I thought a big f number should give me more depth of field, and that the entire scene would be sharp. I didnt notice that it wasnt til it was pointed out here. My untrained eye decieved me! In a scene like this about what settings would you guys use and where and how would you focus?

The entire picture looks sharp to me. And I love the picture by the way. You shot is exactly the way you should've, small aperture and long shutter speed. I think the trees in the background may just seem out of focus because of thier monotone color and they may be washed out a bit, but that doesn't takeaway from this really nice photo at all. Nice work.

Take the data to a DOF calculator and see what it says. Should it all be in focus? - TF

Most reactions

Back