What's new

Water Shots from Rocky Mountain National Park - Wild Basin Area - C&C welcome

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
4,350
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
#1
Lower-Copeland-Falls-2-800.jpg


#2
Lower-Copeland-Falls-1-800.jpg


#3
View-from-first-bridge800.jpg


#4
Calypso-Cascades-ES-crop800.jpg


#5
First-Bridge-with-Horse800.jpg
 
Nice....did you use an ND filter?
 
Nice....did you use an ND filter?

Yes.. I only had my 3 stop ND with me.. so stacked it with a CPL on some of the shots. Lighting was on / off.. clouds moving across the sun.
 
Charlie,

These are all too tight IMO.
1. Too tight and probably need sun to light up the trees. Unfortunately this is how it is with landscape photography. You need to wait for the right time and weather.
2. Same as 1.
3. LIght wise, i think it is pretty good. I still think it is not wide enough. I want to see the tip of the trees especially when you do portrait orientation
4. Subject isnt interesting enough
5. Best lighting of all. I can see different spectrum of green thanks to the sun. I think the horses hurt your frame. And same thing again, not wide enough. I need to see the blue sky.
 
Thanks for the C&C! I appreciate it!

Some of these shots have really limited shooting positions, although I can open up the WA a bit more on most (didn't shoot any of them at full WA). I do have the same shot as #5, without the horses.. debated which was better! lol! Light and weather.. that is more difficult, as has been discussed elsewhere.... CTFL! :)

So more like these overall is what you prefer?

800Calypso-Cascades-ES-Full.jpg


800Lower-Copeland-Falls-8648_f.jpg
 
I like #2 the best.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom