What's new

Water tower with rust and clouds

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comments welcome.
 
Last edited:
I was expecting something more dramatic. :neutral:

I'm wondering what the OP gets from the image.
 
I was expecting something more dramatic. :neutral:

I think your expectations may be at least partially to blame. ;)

I'm wondering what the OP gets from the image.

Sometimes I see something and get struck with the notion of trying to make it less than it is and create a composition that is independent of it's identity. Naming the picture as I did defeats the purpose I suppose.
The best way to describe it is if you were stuck in a bed and had a fixed view out a window that only let you see a piece of something.

Another example:

p1747579759-5.jpg


I don't know if that is the best description. It's just a feeling I try to capture. I realize it comes across as mundane, but that is the point to a degree.
I suppose I succeeded with the mundane part. ;)

Thanks for the comment.
 
I'm wondering what the OP gets from the image.

The best way to describe it is if you were stuck in a bed and had a fixed view out a window that only let you see a piece of something.

I can get that. Along with seeing the different play of light on a simple subject.
 
I totally get the simplicity of this. My eyes are drawn to the few clouds that stand out against the blue sky, the weld pattern on the tower, the running rust stains, and the perfect side lighting that causes the shape of the tower to just jump out. Excellent work. I would also like to see this in a contrasty black and white. Personally, I would be drawn to this image and would revisit it again and again and reshoot with different clouds and techniques. That is fun.
 
Thanks JT. That's pretty much my thoughts with respect to composing this.
I'm not surprised it leaves some people cold. A more interesting sky is always nice to have, but you do your best with what you got.

Thanks again for the comment.
 
It's minimalist. I like the texture it seems to have. It's always great to see things from a different perspective with photography (most definitely not with everything, of course-just photography). It looks great to me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom