Water Turmoil - C&C Appreciated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my many pics from Waterville Valley in New Hampshire. I'm not certain how I feel about it- I have a hell of a time with nature pictures. I'm therefore very curious what people think of it, what you might have done differently, etc. TIA for your comments!

waterturmoil.jpg

hmmm... no one care to have at this? :) Come on, I'd love to hear your comments. :)

How does it look with a slow shutter sped and and ND? Im fascinated with how ND filters allow you to get 'smooth water'

I like the swirlingness of the water :)

I'm not actually familiar with an ND filter? I'd love to know though. :) I'll go look it up.

This water was SO turbulent that even a SLIGHTLY longer exposure blurred everything and lost ALL detail. I think I have a couple shots somewhere that I did that with. I was actually standing like in the middle of a river, so it was pretty quick moving.

Speaking of that, if you want an amazing experience, get a nice hot day and stand in the middle of a river and take pictures. My god is that wonderous.

Of course... try not to fall. Which I did later in the day. My tripod gave it's life to save my camera. Buddy of mine that was with me said he never saw anyone fall and get back up so fast in his entire life. :lol:

It lacks foreground interest or main focal point, but I do like how the fast water meeting the turbulent water forms a diagonal line from bottom left to top right.

I also find that photos are similar to how we read in that motion is usually better viewed traveling left to right, but not always.............try it flipped horizontally & see what you think.

A polarising filter would eliminate the specular highlights in the water making it a lot more clear and a faster shutter would show more water droplets in the air.

Definately worth a re-shoot or two to try some different effects!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back