Waterfall Shots (C&C)

Flems

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from a local waterfall the other day. Being one of over 100 waterfalls located along the Niagara Escarpment, Mt Albion Falls is one of the larger and more unique falls.

Feel free to leave any comments or critiques if you happen to have any.

Enjoy!

4000233994_1677789319.jpg

4000189898_6dba5fab48.jpg

4000433948_4d4c44e36d.jpg

3999667831_4c988a4642.jpg

Thanks!

The colors in #1 are awesome. I love how the sky looks. #2 and 4 I don't like due to the angles. It makes my head turn and not in the good way.

#1 is beautiful. The colors are awesome
I agree about the last, the angle makes it slightly hard to look at.

I agree with everyone. #1 is awsome, great subject, composition and colour. #3 is very interesting with the silkiness of the water. I don't think #2 and #4 work on the angle.

They are beautiful shots... I disagree though.. TO ME ( Personally ) Number 2 makes me do the head tilt... not so much the others :D

You never want blow outs on the sky. A little trick in photoshop is to go to levels and on the bottom output level, change it from 255 (paper white) to around 235 (Gray). It should help. Play with the numbers until it looks best to you.

Tilted cameras very seldom works for me. Tilted running water is not one of the ones that do.

The up close photos of the waterfalls are very good.

Craig

Thanks for the input everyone! I found that for some shots I was actually able to include more of the waterfall if I tilted the camera. Some shots I liked, while others were just more... pictures. I definitely would LOVE to try out a wide angle lens as I sometimes feel limited depending on the size of the falls.

Feel free to keep the comments coming. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back