Some local Waterfalls

Comments and/or critiques always welcome

#1 Rogie Falls - Ross-Shire, Scotland
003-sl.jpg

#2 Fairy Glen Falls - Ross-Shire, Scotland

004-sl.jpg

#3 The Big Burn - Sutherland, Scotland
005-sl.jpg

very nice color and crisp clear shots. My favorite is the second, and I personally think the first would have been better if zoomed or cropped in to the falls some more. I find the extra stuff in the first picture distracting.

Do you remember what settings you used for these? Also does anyone else think there are a little flat as in 2d? Perhaps I am just in a mood tonight.

Great stuff. :D

Nice pics and certainly wonderful locations but do I detect an excess of Photoshop?

bogleric said:
Do you remember what settings you used for these?

All 3 were taken at f8 for 1 second. The Rogie falls one rquired a neutral density filter to get it down to that speed. That was was also taken from a very bouncy suspension bridge so that despite using a tripod there is still a little motion blur (in the rocks). Unfortunately that is the only vantage point where the falls can be shot from short of getting very wet and possibly drowning:D

bogleric said:
does anyone else think there are a little flat as in 2d?

Flat lighting is when there is no obvious direction to the light. In the north of Scotland at this time of year that's pretty hard to avoid especially when you are in a steep gully photographing a waterfall. :D However, personally I feel the 2nd and 3rd shot are not overly flat given the subject. Th 1st one I agree is flat it as was extremely overcast. Still, sometime you have to make the best of what you've got.

interesting... The Fairy Glenn shot is my favorite a little surprised it is the result of reduced saturation though.

Definitely Great work.

SleepyLizard said:
Just goes to show you can't always tell :D The blue cast is a result of the low light conditions and nothing to do with photoshop. With the "fairy glen" shot I actually reduced saturation.

Wow!
Apologies for casting nasturtiums on your work but the colors are so intense they seemed unreal to me.
Beautiful job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back