What's new

Watermark/Photoshop help

ayeelkay

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
328
Reaction score
3
Location
Pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally made myself a decent logo/watermark for the photos on my website. I just can't figure out how to get it on each photo, in the same size. For example..not all of my photos are the same size, so when I place the watermark on a larger photo, it looks tiny and when I place it on a smaller photo, it looks huge. Not sure why I'm having such an issue with this..I have soo many photos that I need to add this to, it's gonna take me forever :confused:


I'm not overly great with Photoshop, so any help at all is appreciated. :hug::
There must be an easier way to do this....
 
Which Photoshop do you have? CS(x) or PsE(x)? You can write and record actions in CS but not in Elements.

If you made your logo/watermark in Photoshop (raster graphics, or pixels) instad of Illustrator (vector-graphics, mathmatically defined lines) expect even more sizing problems.

Professionally made logos and watermarks are made using vector-graphics because there are no limitations on scaling (no pixelating).

Your post is also in the wrong forum section.
 
Last edited:
If you want to create an action on photoshop, all the photos need to have the same resolution. So for example if you photo is 3000 pixel wide and your watermark i 300 pixel wide, the watermark will be about 10% of the width of the photo.

If you had a lightroom 3, this will be a lot easier. No need to worry about any of this.
 
Which Photoshop do you have? CS(x) or PsE(x)? You can write and record actions in CS but not in Elements.

If you made your logo/watermark in Photoshop (raster graphics, or pixels) instad of Illustrator (vector-graphics, mathmatically defined lines) expect even more sizing problems.

Professionally made logos and watermarks are made using vector-graphics because there are no limitations on scaling (no pixelating).

Your post is also in the wrong forum section.

Where should the post be? I couldn't find a relevant thread..
And It's Photoshop 7.0 an old version I believe. And yeah, I did make the logo in photoshop, I don't currently have illustrator unfortunately.
 
If you want to create an action on photoshop, all the photos need to have the same resolution. So for example if you photo is 3000 pixel wide and your watermark i 300 pixel wide, the watermark will be about 10% of the width of the photo.

If you had a lightroom 3, this will be a lot easier. No need to worry about any of this.

That makes sense..thank you :)
 
Where should the post be? I couldn't find a relevant thread..
And It's Photoshop 7.0 an old version I believe. And yeah, I did make the logo in photoshop, I don't currently have illustrator unfortunately.
This forum section would have been appropriate:

Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery
A place to show off your post processing skills, with explanations on how you achieved the results, including specialty images such as HDR. Share information and techniques using Adobe's Photoshop and other popular graphics software.

Adobe Illustrator is just one of many vector-graphics applications.

There is an open source vector-graphics application called Inkscape that can be downloaded and used at no charge.

The current release level of Photoshop - CS5, is equivelent to Photoshop 12 by the old numbering system. IIRC, Photoshop 7 does not have the capability to record or run actions.
 
Thanks, I know where to post it next time.
I guess I need to upgrade my Photoshop then.. :meh: or just do it photo by photo.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom