Way to easily post Instagram/social media photos

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, please see other thread here, with the gist of it below: Is there a way to embed or link Instagram photos to the forum?

Can the site please add the ability to post/embed social media photos directly into forum posts. An example was posted by @Braineack (see below). By posting the link/URL, it would put in a media box pulling the image from the user's social media account.

I've seen this before on other sites (lots of news sites where they pull social media posts).

Could you please add this feature for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc? We already have it for Flickr. :smile:

upload_2016-7-19_9-30-44-png.124869

reported as spam .. as it's a TaylorSwift Instagram LOL j/k
:)

That's like the only one I follow!

@snowbear, you're totally in your right to disagree, but could you please provide a reason why you don't want an easier way for people to share photos?

I think Instagram is great. I use it very frequently. I guess what I don't understand in your request is why is it necessary? You're wanting to share your own photos, it's easier to just upload your own photo here to this site.
Most photos I post here are not taken with a smartphone. They're taken with post processing intentions, and wanting to improve upon photography techniques.

I think Instagram is great. I use it very frequently. I guess what I don't understand in your request is why is it necessary? You're wanting to share your own photos, it's easier to just upload your own photo here to this site.
Most photos I post here are not taken with a smartphone. They're taken with post processing intentions, and wanting to improve upon photography techniques.
To make it easier. Some people, myself included, don't want to upload to numerous sites. Some people only use Flickr, or Facebook, or Instagram.

If it's a simple change in code, why not make it easier for those that want it?

Guys, he wan't this to drive traffic to the IG account.

Dscience - if there's a way to embed then it shouldn't matter - the "traffic" would the same as traffic sent to flickr - personal websites - photobucket or any other. Considering how big instagram is these days its not impossible to think that many new members might well use the service as their main online host; this if there's a way to interface to make it easier for them we should be able to look into it.

I agree we should! I also want to drive people to my IG. The reason I disagree with you, is that the IG format is so small, that it would be pretty stupid to have it as your PRIMARY online host.

Especially since the only way to upload photos is via your phone.

Instagram is another way to share photos. We use Flickr, why not Instagram, which is social media specifically designed for photos?

What I'm requesting is not going to be required by users, so those that don't want to post Instagram photos can simply choose not to.

It's not a way to specifically drive someone to their Instagram page any more than the Flickr photos drive traffic to Flickr.

The photos are large enough to view on a webpage and provide good enough feedback. If anyone wants detailed C&C, then they can post a higher resolution photo.

Most reactions

Back