We All Fall Down - (a not-so-) Short film shot entirely with my D800!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! To start off, I'd like to just warn everyone that this isn't a "short" form, in internet terms. It's 20 minutes long. So, if you're going to stick it out, you might want to make yourself comfortable. :)Be sure to watch it in 1080p, full screen, with the speakers up. It's NOT intended for mobile device playback. So, I don't know how the sound will come out on that. It doesn't come out great on my laptop either. So, you may be best using earbuds or a real set of speakers on a desktop if you have one. Anywho, here it is:

It was shot entirely with a combination of the following gear:

Nikon D800
Nikon 17-35mm F/2.8D ED
Sigma 24-70mm F/2.8 EX DG HSM APO II
Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX
Sigma 180mm F/3.5 EX DG HSM APO IF Macro
Nikon 300mm F/4.0 AF-S (only one shot, admittedly)

Peripherals:
Zoom H1
Manfrotto 055xb
Manfrotto 501HDV
Cinemover camera dolly + 4x4x8 wood beam
3000w Cowboy Studio CFL lighting kit

Anywho, please let me know what you think, honestly!
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
The beginning is pretty unnerving. I think it kind of drags in the middle in terms of cinematic quality, but overall, good stuff. :)

The narration was very good, it drove the story along. I liked the nice clean edits and camera angles. I thought you did a wonderful job overall. The only suggestions I have is to shorten the intro with the dolls and the scene that starts at 2:27 seems a little bright. Maybe color grade to give some edginess to that scene. I am not an expert by any means. But I did enjoy your short film. On Vimeo there are over 800 groups dedicated to short films. Upload your film there. Looking forward to more of your work.

Most reactions

Back