We are switching - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
- from oil heat to propane.

Insurance companies require you to get new oil tanks every few years, so they have no risk, without any consideration of the cost to home owners. New oil tanks must be purchased & installed by licensed technicians (you cannot even buy one yourself) @ a cost of $2,500 or more.

PB020001.jpg

And you can either rent or purchase the propane tank. And you can get practically any size you want.

Wow.... That's crazy. I could understand an inspection being required but not even being able to buy one???? It's one friggin' connection!!!! The last tank I bought was deoppedmoffmat the end of ,y driveway and I did,everything myself. On a heat pump now and loving it.

Wow.... That's crazy. I could understand an inspection being required but not even being able to buy one???? It's one friggin' connection!!!! The last tank I bought was deoppedmoffmat the end of ,y driveway and I did,everything myself. On a heat pump now and loving it.

Right, only one connection. The government here make us easy pickings to the approved contractors.

We bought our own tank and call various places for pricing every time we fill. This has helped costs. However, most of the businesses tell us one thing and bill something else ( higher of course). My husband constantly checks the bills and almost always finds they have ripped us off. I feel bad for the people who may not check their bills carefully.

Most reactions

Back