We are the few

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C if ya got it, please. It's a bigger version of my avatar post-edit. Something about it struck me.

dsc0005croppedmediumur3.jpg

It just stikes me as a snapshot. A couple of dirty spots on the screen and above the screen and the round silver button are blown out.

hazelwestphoto said:
It just stikes me as a snapshot. A couple of dirty spots on the screen and above the screen and the round silver button are blown out.
Good points. I did that intentionally, though, to show some wear and tear and give it a little bit of personality... i guess i should've done more?

sorry, have to agree with hazelwestphoto. This looks snapshot-ish. It's a bit messy; the crop, the lightning.

pascal

product shots seem best done when the subject is (preferably) in Mint condition, and if you get hired by the company to shoot they're products they will mostly provide that mint product. or you could shoot it right out of the box if you buy it new... (or buy it shoot it and take it back....)
OR they can look good with Obvious damage/filth... like a hiking boot with chunks of mud hanging off it...a piece of food with a bight out of it..That Volks Wagon commercial that shows the smashed up car(i think thats VW)...etc.
other tips, hide cords or make them pretty...(theres a chord in the back I'm not sure about, plus the chord in the front i cant tell what it is... it looks like the end is behind something, maybe a earphone?
Watch your background isn't too buisy, to the left of your subject is ok, to the right looks a little cluddered.
Also stray away from covering logos or important features of the subject and if its for advertising watch how much of the subject you are cropping out.
Take a look in catalogs and magazines at ads of similar products see how they are shot and lit. Look at the framing and other props and how they are set up.
Takes a bit, but I still find that looking at other peoples work helps you learn how to shoot things and to see what styles of photography are in vogue or what other photogs are doing, so you can keep up with what is selling...
Last but not least... Try to copy an ad for practice sometime, dont try to sell the picture, thats under copy write infringement. But if you can shoot an image and make it look like the one that sells then you have just learned something to help you in the future...
Above all Keep shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back