We Were In a Car Accident Today

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We were in a three car pile up, scrunched in the middle of two other vehicles. Amazingly, we are all ok. I had all four kids with me and two high school students from church. The car in front of us stopped so suddenly on the freeway that we couldn't even see his car from all the smoke his tires put off. I slammed on the brakes (doing 55) and the wheels locked up and we slid into him. I wasn't too close, I wasn't speeding, there was nowhere to swerve... There was nothing I could do. Even the guy I hit said I couldn't have prevented it, but I am so shaken up. The car behind us plowed into us and he also had a child in the car but they were also ok. None of the other two drivers had insurance and the one we hit didn't even have his license on him. *faint*
Fortunately, both other drivers were kind and no one was mad. It was almost like we banded together. Weird, I know. But we were all like, "Wow, that sucked. Thank God we're all ok." It could have been so much worse. We were in the middle lane and if one of our vehicles had pushed the other into the next lane... I may have very well lost one of my children.
My van is totaled and Gideon is very worried about it. He was crying and crying, saying, "Our van is broken! Our van is broken. We need to fix it!" I just kept hugging him and saying, "Honey, the van doesn't matter. We can get a new van. We could never replace you and you're ok so everything is fine. All mommy cares about is you guys."
My husband is out of town and doesn't get home until late tomorrow night so I'm alone with the kids and I'm sitting here in tears. I worked so hard all day to be strong and not cry. I didn't want to scare the kids. Now... I just keep thinking, oh my God, what if something had happened to my beautiful babies? What would I do if I had lost them today? I keep thinking I didn't spend enough time with them today. If something truly terrible had happened... I don't know if I could make it through if I had lost one of them. Those children are my whole life. I love them more than anything.
So, here I am blabbering away. Thanks for letting me share it all. I needed to get it out.

Im so glad that everyone is ok! too bad no one had insurance tho... I know what its like to deal with that... ugh.

Man I tell you what, all of us TPF-ers who have been in accidents in the last month could start our own group.

I'm glad you're all okay! It's things like this that really put it all into perspective, you know? It is an amazingly difficult situation when you see just how easily you can lose what you love and cherish most, it really, really gets to you. Once again, I'm glad you're all okay!

Im so glad that everyone is ok! too bad no one had insurance tho... I know what its like to deal with that... ugh.

Man I tell you what, all of us TPF-ers who have been in accidents in the last month could start our own group.
I swear, I know more people who have been in accidents lately! It's scary!

I swear, I know more people who have been in accidents lately! It's scary!

I know!! And I always hear that the other person doesnt have insurance... Tsk Tsk.

Mine went up a but-load... :thumbdown:

Oh, I hope mine doesn't. :( But I'm sure it will. I just can't believe the irresponsability to drive around without insurance. And what's the luck that I'd get in accident with not one, but TWO of them? Ai yi yi. Oh well. The van isn't important. We can always get a new van. Money can always be made, but the children... Well, them being safe is all I care about. If I have to live without a car, so be it. I refuse to live without my babies.

glad to hear eveything is fine.

what will happen to the guys with no insurance?

it is against the the law in england to drive without insurance . is it in usa?

There are more and more TPFers coming and telling us they have been in car accidents ... I have noticed this "trend", too.

I am so glad to hear that you all (babies too) have come out of it unharmed!

The thoughts of "What all COULD have happened, if..." are totally unavoidable, but they are also mute and only put a burden on your heart since it DID NOT HAPPEN. But I know how your head must be spinning around all the possible TERRIBLE outcomes of this pile-up. Try to think against them by telling you that, in fact, none of this DID happen - and then start thinking forward by being thankful and enjoying your children even more.

Here in Germany, it is also illegal to drive a car without insurance, you must have your car insured as soon as you get one. There's no way round that. (Or get the insurance adapted to a new situation, like I had to tell mine that as of now my son is using my car, too, so it went up but he's insured through this as driver, too).

Lacey - So glad you are ok! and the babies too!! :hugs: Accidents are scary - it is easy to see what the real priorities in your life are after one. :hug:: Hope all goes well with your insurance and you have a replacement for your van soon. I'm here if you need to chat!

Yes, it's illegal here to drive without insurance. It will actually work in my favor though because even though I hit the car from behind first, it's not my fault because he shouldn't have been on the road at all. From a legal stand point, the fault lies with him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back