What's new

Weather sealing on Canon's 70-200 lenses.

TheBiles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
869
Reaction score
69
Location
MCB Quantico
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How weather-sealed are the non-IS versions? I've read that the rings/switches have "moderate" dust and weather sealing, but how would they fare in a light rain? I also heard the front element isn't sealed, so a filter would be needed to keep moisture out. Without a filter, would a lens hood be enough to keep out a light rain or would the humidity be too much? I was going to plastic bag my 60D in the event of rain this Saturday, but I didn't know if the front of the lens would be okay.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom