Web Gallery software that lets me...

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to generate multiple gallerys in one webspace. Right now I am using JAlbum which is free and creates some very nice gallerys but I am looking for some features that I may need to branch out for.

I would like to create multiple gallerys under one main index page (jalbum may be able to do this)

I would like to be able to have users leave comments about the photos they like (doesnt seem to be able to do this)

I would like to have a couple of private areas that require some kind of basic login (assuming this is outside the scope of a gallery generator)

I have 3GB of space, CGI, PHP, MySQL

Any suggestions?

Yeah, look for a thing called Coppermine...its used by everyone because its so versatile and usefull! its worth a try :) and itll do all that you want it to! :)

It does however require a few things to be on your server, but if they arent there (which they probs will be) you may be able to ask your server to install them :)

Wow! Thanks for the tip :) I am still installing and configuring... not as easy as jalbum by any means but if your not intimidated by things like chmod then this is a great piece of software! I have only begun to see what its fully capable of. I will be having fun with this.

Yet again I think coppermine...it is the best thing to use...and it has a slide show function...if thats not right lemme know and ill see what I can dig up :)

Do you know of any web sites which uses coppermine? I would like to see it in action.

Well I have a version on my website...but my server needs to get a few things for it to work...
I believe there is a demo...ill go see if I can google it for yah :)

The nice thing about that demo site is it gives you teh option of trying all the themes.

I chose "eyeball" as the first one to try and have stuck with it ever since.

Most reactions

Back