Web portfolio

OlgaBocharova

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I recently created my online portfolio and posted some of my works there, could you please have a look and let me know what you think?
I'm open for critics - that's the only way for improvement. So if you have any comments/suggestions web site design/functionality related and about my photos i'd really love to hear them.
Here is the link: www.mrandmrspass.com.

Thank you in advance!
Olga

At first, I was like, WTF? You only have one image in each of your galleries?
I clicked around to figure out how to advance. Couldn't.

A-HAH!
Horizontal scrolling?
Really?
LOL

If you are looking for critiques on images, it really is best to put them here.

So what do you guys suggest, vertical scrolling? Or i was thinking of showing some kind of arrows when hover the mouse over the image to scroll left/right without even clicking. Do you thinik it would work?
And thanks a lot for your comments, appreciate it. Btw, what about the photos? Any feedback on them? :)

Sorry Olga... I did the exact same thing and if Bitter hadn't mentioned horizontal scrolling (which I hate), I would have entirely missed your images.

Last edited:
So what do you guys suggest, vertical scrolling? Or i was thinking of showing some kind of arrows when hover the mouse over the image to scroll left/right without even clicking. Do you thinik it would work?
And thanks a lot for your comments, appreciate it. Btw, what about the photos? Any feedback on them? :)

Olga, great photos and great website. The horizontal scrolling I like a lot and is used elsewhere by other successful photographers too. I hope you keep it!

I'm not a fan of the horizontal scroll either. It's not particularly common on the web, and as other members have pointed out, it's not intuitive.

That being said, there's one other issue I have with your site, and that is the font below your name. It's unreadable for the most part at that size. I'd suggest changing it to a more readable serif font.

Perhaps you are right Aug19 but first it has to be recognized as popular way to showcase a website. If indeed horizontal scrolling does become the norm then people will begin to realize what they are supposed to do when visiting a website. Beside's Olga's site I have only seen one other site using horizontal scrolling so it's either not recommended or it's just going to be a trendy fad that will soon be gone. I guess time will tell.

It's been around for years. We used it for a European car manufacturer's role-out of a new range of vehicles in 1999. The interface design met with approval from the PR and dealership networks. It brought in lots of customer business via the site. The client to this day continues to use our studio for web media. YMMV. Who cares!

So, a successful photographer did it, it MUST be awesome!

Sorry, neither site gives any indication that you must side scroll to view more images. Is that clever? Or is it a faster way to lose an audience?

It's been around for years. We used it for a European car manufacturer's role-out of a new range of vehicles in 1999. The interface design met with approval from the PR and dealership networks. It brought in lots of customer business via the site. The client to this day continues to use our studio for web media. YMMV. Who cares!

Yes, it's been around for years (since 1999, I guess). Unfortunately for that logic, web development and technology evolves daily.

What may have been "cutting edge" in 1999 may not be so true now (12 years later).

Most reactions

Back