webiste development... help!

bblaine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so, i have a domain name through google/godaddy. i was using a crappy web host that only had one layout so now i am going with exposuremanager.com. so right now, bobbiblainephotography.com takes me to some google homepage thing. first question, how do i get it to go to my exposure manager site (i don't remember how i did it last time and i can't find a customer service number on any of these site where i actually talk to someone)?

i have the NVU html editor/publisher thingy and photoshop CS3... second question, how do i use these things to build a website? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: no long answers please! haha! lol! just kidding... i guess my real question is can i just figure this stuff out or do i need to take a class?

That's a loaded set of questions.

The domain problem will most likely be solved by finding out exposure manager's DNS servers, then logging into godaddy and assigning them to your domain name. It's probably something like NS1.exposuremanager.com, NS2.exposure...blah blah.

If you're not already familiar with building websites, I would suggest using a templating service. I hear good things about this one. But I don't have any experience with it. There's lots of other available. Another pretty decent one I do have some experience with is the one from Creative Motion Design. Both will set you back, but it might be worht it.

Besides that, you could try some of the CMS systems, like wordpress or zenphoto (that's what I use). Otherwise, you'll probably be spending quite a long time on the learnig curve building your own site from the ground up.

Most reactions

Back