Website Blogs

If you happen to be interested in using phpLD Photo, I will be happy to set that up for you. It is just $25. As far as blogs, if you have the right hosting, Wordpress is pretty easy to setup and use, though you may need someone to design a template for you.

A weblog AND website can go along side by side (if that's your intent) but a blog can never replace a website. Who is going to go to the tenth page? What if a potential customer does not want to read about your vacation in Bali? You need to have a website to show your collection/portfolio.

There are plenty of free blog templates to choose from. Try Wordpress.com, Blogger, TypePad etc. Once you register and pick your fav template you can customize it.

i have a blog set up through wordpress until i get a biz name and set up a website. I think blogs are a great way to share a photo or two of a recent session which can also give a preview to your client of how thier photos came out but i dont think a blog will replace a website. there are many templates that are made just for photo galleries.

Money is tight right now so I'm going to purchase a template for $100 and use that until i can either buy a $800 template or upgrade my adobe creative suite to include flash so i can purchase a template from that link at the top of this page. I really would love to support others so my goal is to buy a template from the top of this page or have them make a custom design.

If you are looking for a template site I would recommend portfoliositez.com (great pricing and templates look like they are going to be really nice), bigfolio.com (great templates and stellar customer service), or winklet.com (template that can be downloaded- very popular). The first two come with online admins that let you edit all your photos, music, and info online. porfoliositez will allow updating of all colors as well.

The blog should be a secondary web entity and should only be created if it is going to be updated on a regular basis. A good blog I know of is http://www.boutwellstudio.com/blog/. bigfolio.com offers a blog with their product, or there are many free blog companies out there. One good blog company I know if is blogger.com. :D

I had a company do mine for our art gallery that we own, and they charged us $400. I think it was money well spent. The administrative end is really easy, and I can change things around all I want. They really listened to what I wanted. In the future, when I'm ready for my professional photography site, I plan on using them again. :) Here's my site: http://wildmavengallery.com

Marian

I agree you shouldn't promote your company penny jennie on forums under a psuedo name. I agree Big Folio is a good company. I use them and they have phenomonel customer service. Check out the posts on DWF about penny jennie. The controversary and she is getting sued. I wouldn't get involved in her product.
Every forum I am on jeni pennie above is using forums to promote her product she is not even a photographer. SO ANNOYING!!!

If you are looking for fantastic customer service and a great product i strongly encourage you to check out this Big Folio. STOP using forums to promote your product under an alias name.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back