Website Compatibility (Input Appreciated)

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I launched my new website today (Mike Lemovitz Photography), and since all of my computers are Macs, I thought it'd be good to find out if people using other systems are able to view my site properly, as I went with a non-standard design (horizontal scroller).

Please check out the site and let me know what you think, but also, if you guys could answer the following it'd be appreciated.

1) What browser are you using? Version?
2) What is your screen's resolution?
3) Were you able to navigate the site intuitively?
4) Did the site look right? ;) If not, what's wrong?
5) Any issues otherwise?
6) Any clunker photos that you feel should be removed?

Thanks, guys!
Mike

Works just fine on a mac in firefox, safari, and chrome.

I should add: This is what it is supposed to look like.

screenshot20100103at135r.png

Alright mate - that is some good work.

I am using Google Chrome BETA 4.0.249 and it works fine.

One thing I noticed is your SEO is not set up:

<meta name="description" content=" ... add description here ... " />
<meta name="keywords" content=" ... add keywords here ... " />

Have a look at optimising your site for search engines. But apart from that I think it's good.

Clean, fresh, good navigation, everything is accessible. V.v. impressed.

i can view it just fine in :

1) What browser are you using? Version? Mozilla Firefox
2) What is your screen's resolution?1366x768
3) Were you able to navigate the site intuitively?Yes
4) Did the site look right? ;-) If not, what's wrong? The width is almost 3 times the size of my screen.. not sure if that was intended but its something i may possibly close the page because of. (but thats just me) maybe a smaller version with zoomable images?
5) Any issues otherwise? no
6) Any clunker photos that you feel should be removed? all good

here is what i see.

test.jpg

Last edited:
Alright mate - that is some good work.

I am using Google Chrome BETA 4.0.249 and it works fine.

One thing I noticed is your SEO is not set up:

<meta name="description" content=" ... add description here ... " />
<meta name="keywords" content=" ... add keywords here ... " />
Have a look at optimising your site for search engines. But apart from that I think it's good.

Clean, fresh, good navigation, everything is accessible. V.v. impressed.

Yeah, haven't gotten around to it yet. I actually specialize in SEO/internet marketing by trade, so that's on the agenda for today.

4) Did the site look right? ;-) If not, what's wrong? The width is almost 3 times the size of my screen.. not sure if that was intended but its something i may possibly close the page because of. (but thats just me) maybe a smaller version with zoomable images?

It's designed to do this, as I wanted something non-standard. Too different for the average viewer?

It's designed to do this, as I wanted something non-standard. Too different for the average viewer?

No. I think side-scrolling for photographic portfolios is the way forward. :thumbup:

Looks good on Safari on a Macbook.

I'm at work, IE8. Works fine. The horiz scroll really works well there, I usually leave the page or get frustrated if I have to scroll sideways, not this time!

I think it's cool but I didn't even notice that there was more to the page until I saw your screen shot with a second picture and realized I was missing something. Thats when I saw the scroll bar and then saw the other great shots.
TJ

not that i think it looks bad .. but having been a web designer, having more scrollable area than visible area can in most cases case potential customers to close the page as i encountered on a few sites we designed.

but i wish you all the best and hoppe you have more luck than i did. :thumbup:

the vertical is most likely because of my firefox toolbar and tab bar taking up room on the wide screen monitor... ..probably more a problem on my end
The resolution is used for the new HP 15" range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back