Website created but need a name.....

Krissypooh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, first off I am new here so hello all. Secondly, I have created a website, an online portfolio of sorts, but can not come up with a good name for it! I am trying to avoid the cheesey route, would love to have my last name in there but it is so long! (Thorstenson) Any suggestions on where to draw inspiration from?
Thanks all
Kristina
PS if this is posted in the wrong place I apologize.:wink:

hi krissy! what type of photos do you like to take? what inspires you to pick up the camera in the first place?

Originally my true love was Black and Whites. Recently I purchased my first digital SLR and now am loving the color photos I am gettting. My work is mostly Nature, Landscape, Still Life; oh and my 4 year old daughter lol but I rarely put her in my 'pro' portfolio. I like abstract close up shots that make you think 'What the heck could that be?" The site right now does not have all of my pieces as to the fact that much of the older photos had been packed away earlier this year. I just love to capture a moment on 'film' and be able to have others share in its beauty.
The naming game is really not my strong suit, I have never even named my photos! lol
~~Kris

Krissypooh said:
I am trying to avoid the cheesey route, would love to have my last name in there but it is so long! (Thorstenson) Any suggestions on where to draw inspiration from?

Your surname would be perfect personally - just shortened...

Thor Photos
Thor Gallery
Thunder Photos
Thunder Gallery

Grand, imaginative and recognised as something magical and mythical. But I always did have a huge love of the Norse Gods. Not much but I hope its a start :)

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/thor.html

Melanie,
Thanks for the suggestions. I like the mythical aspect of it too. I will explore that further.
Kris

Thorstenson Photography
Thorstenson Images
Thorstenson Fine Art
Thorstenson Art
Thorstenson Visuals

Kristina Thorstenson Images
Kristina Thorstenson Photography
Kristina Thorstenson Fine Art

You really can't go wrong with Kristina Thorstenson Photography. It's basic, and not real exciting, but it gets the job done. If you come up with a cooler name later you can always go with it, and it still won't conflict with Kristina Thorstenson Photography, or confuse folks who visited previously.

ksmattfish said:
You really can't go wrong with Kristina Thorstenson Photography. It's basic, and not real exciting, but it gets the job done.
I wanted to name my website 'Daniel Alexander Photography'. But it was already taken. :(

danalec99 said:
I wanted to name my website 'Daniel Alexander Photography'. But it was already taken. :(
ever think about putting your middle initial in there?

e.g. Erik V. Pohovich Photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back