Wedding assist.

Fedaykin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hebercollphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister runs a Wedding photography business with her husband. They have been doing so for 5 years now.

Thing is 3 months ago they had two weddings in one day, and though my sister is more than capable, both were pretty big weddings so she asked if I wanted to help her. She surprised me by actually letting me use one of her cameras(XTi) to take shots along with her. She basically gave me a 10 minute crash course on basic exposure settings, which actually worked fairly well since most of my shots came out decently exposed, but of course my composition was utter crap hahaha. So basically out of 700 or so pictures only a few were any decent in terms of composition, I cut off a lot of limbs....

Even though they were **** she said I had a good eye for what to shoot, and my pictures were pretty good(she was kinda generous being the nicest sister ever haha). So she said I could help on a wedding she had on April 15th. So I started reading up on DSLRs and photography in general; and here I am about to buy my first DSLR and very excited to get started in photography.

So this Saturday I get to help her again, but this time I've got 3 months of research under my belt. I'm both excited and nervous as now I actually have the knowledge to take good pictures, but I have no practice, so we'll see how it goes.

Today she loaned me the same XTi I used the first time and the one I'll probably be using again; though I may get to use a 40D(glee!). So I've been playing around with the camera all night and will be again tomorrow so I can get familiar with the menus and such, the less I have to think about at the wedding the better right? Oh and she loaned it to me with a Canon 50mm 1.8 on it, so much fun messing with DoF.

Sorry for going on for so long, just thought I'd share that as it's basically my 'how I started photography' story. And also if anyone has any tips for the event feel free, the wedding will start around 2:30pm and will be at a beach here in Puerto Rico. It's been raining today, hoping it doesn't Saturday. Afterwards I'll either post some pictures for C&C if I can, or link to the album, not sure if I'll have access to the actual pictures as it won't be my camera and it is their business of course. I'll figure something out.

Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:
Sounds like a great opportunity to learn. No pressure to get the shots, and a great chance to hone your craft. Enjoy.

Steve M.

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn. No pressure to get the shots, and a great chance to hone your craft. Enjoy.

Steve M.

Thanks, going to sleep soon so I can wake up early and get a good breakfast and coffe beforehand, gonna be there for like 10 hours probably.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back