Wedding Photographer needed, Long Island NY

ingrassiachristina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I'm getting married at The Westbury Manor (Long Island NY) May 4th 2013 (roughly 5 hours) and in search for a photographer. I've researched and could only find very expensive photographers. I've contacted the local photography schools asking them if they would like to offer a paid job to their students. But it also came to my mind to go to a forum. Hopefully I can find someone under $1,000. If you are interested please email me at [email protected]

If payment is to low I can also include a logo, business card and letter head design if your new and need to get out there you'll need these!

Or if anyone would be willing to do a payment plan then I'd be able to pay a higher price. :)

Thanks so much!
:)

Last edited:
increase your budget.. seriously..

Your cake will get eaten
Your dress will be worn once
The food will be eaten

Good photography will last you forever! And you will remember everything else you spent money on.

Yes I know I should. But we're both recent college grads and my loan debt alone is $100,000 so I really can't. But I could pay and also include design work for anyone who needs a logo business cards, letter head and so on..?

Hopefully someone will be up to barter with you in your neck of the woods. Good luck. And congrats.

No self respecting photographer would let someone they don't know personally retouch their images from straight out of camera RAW files. Much less give up the RAW's in the first place.

I specifically state in my contract that I do not allow retouching of photographs after the finals.

Other than that, good luck finding someone who produces good images for under a grand.

Yes I know I should. But we're both recent college grads and my loan debt alone is $100,000 so I really can't. But I could pay and also include design work for anyone who needs a logo business cards, letter head and so on..?

OK. Whatever your budget is, make sure photography takes a big % of the total budget. I have seen weddings where they have good food, open bar, good location, good cake but they hardly spend money on photography. Does not make any sense.

Well then what do you think a decent budget price would be? I could do a higher price if someone would be willing to do a payment plan?

No self respecting photographer would let someone they don't know personally retouch their images from straight out of camera RAW files. Much less give up the RAW's in the first place.

I specifically state in my contract that I do not allow retouching of photographs after the finals.

Other than that, good luck finding someone who produces good images for under a grand.

Very understandable I wouldn't want anyone messing with my designs :)

Yeah, the "I'll do the editing" aspect is pretty bizarre here. I mean I guess you're just throwing it out there in the hopes that it knocks the price down some, but it doesn't make sense. The only reason a person would do this job is to build their portfolio. The last thing you want if you're trying to build your portfolio is to have 'someone who got a degree in design' to do your photo editing. The only way I'd ever do a job where someone else edited my photos was if it was a respected magazine editor, like Nat Geo, or if my name would never be associated with the images, and it otherwise paid well.

Also, for your own sanity, please be aware that photo editing wedding photographs is wildly different from anything you'd have done in a design school. It's a very specialized skill set that is even different from editing other types of photography, let alone generalized design work.

I understand crushing student debt (I went to a top 10 law school and wish I only had 100K in student debt coming out) and I wish you the best, but I can tell you, the last thing in the world you will want to deal with in the aftermath of your wedding would be a photographer handing you over 6000 photos completely unedited and telling you to have at it. Especially since you will be so personally tied to the images and probably unable to make objective decisions on them. And that's if the photographer would even agree to it in the first place.

Yeah, the "I'll do the editing" aspect is pretty bizarre here. I mean I guess you're just throwing it out there in the hopes that it knocks the price down some, but it doesn't make sense. The only reason a person would do this job is to build their portfolio. The last thing you want if you're trying to build your portfolio is to have 'someone who got a degree in design' to do your photo editing. The only way I'd ever do a job where someone else edited my photos was if it was a respected magazine editor, like Nat Geo, or if my name would never be associated with the images, and it otherwise paid well.

Also, for your own sanity, please be aware that photo editing wedding photographs is wildly different from anything you'd have done in a design school. It's a very specialized skill set that is even different from editing other types of photography, let alone generalized design work.

I understand crushing student debt (I went to a top 10 law school and wish I only had 100K in student debt coming out) and I wish you the best, but I can tell you, the last thing in the world you will want to deal with in the aftermath of your wedding would be a photographer handing you over 6000 photos completely unedited and telling you to have at it. Especially since you will be so personally tied to the images and probably unable to make objective decisions on them. And that's if the photographer would even agree to it in the first place.

Thats why I took it off the original post hun :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back