Week 1|2 B&W Challenge: Golden Mean

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This Challenge will run until January 15, 2022

The B&W Challenge is a fun thing, no competition and no prizes, this challenge will run for a period of two weeks. Please, only new photos taken during the duration of this challenge. The intent of the challenge is not to showcase our best work, but expand our normal shooting priorities and hopefully try something different with a new photograph.

First challenge of the new year: arrange your composition according to "Golden Ratio" - rectangle, spiral, etc. Create the ratio or find it in architecture or nature. If using LR, try the various cropping overlays based on the ratio. Include a shot with the overlay if you'd like. Using The Golden Ratio (AKA Golden Mean) To Improve Your Artworks

bw gold-1.jpg

This was a tough one, and I'm not sure I got it right. But that's why it's called a challenge.

_MG_6237Windows.jpeg

bw gold-1-4.jpg

Here's a previous shot, newly converted to B&W, that I framed using the golden mean. The LR overlay is lined up perfect for this crop.

1641839986169.png

Here's the overlay on the shot of my mom and her ukelele

1641840381098.png

This is my contribution for this week's challenge. First time posting, I hope I get the posting right!

Attachments

• blow up flocon3.JPG
    blow up flocon3.JPG
    514.9 KB · Views: 58
This is my contribution for this week's challenge. First time posting, I hope I get the posting right!
Excellent contribution and welcome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back