Week 33|34 B&W Challenge: Set the Stage

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This challenge will run until September 18, 2021.

The B&W Challenge is a fun thing, no competition and no prizes, this challenge will run for a period of two weeks. Please, only new photos taken during the duration of this challenge.

For this challenge I was going to do still life- but I thought it could be more loosely interpreted to include any shot for which you position an object or objects in the frame. It could be a "standard" tabletop still life with a vase of flowers or fruit bowl, or think of other objects you can position for a photo: a car, a broom, a shopping cart...
I've found that, for me, setting up a still life shot is more difficult than it seems. I've seen some elegantly arranged shots - but not by me! Form and balance are the key here. Enjoy!

AcrosIIDDX14Ricxr15014032E.jpg

As with the images above, I created a still life from what's already present. It's only up to me to create the order. I love to work in this
manner. It's really how I process things. It is almost always a still from a still.

AcrosIIDDX14Ricxr15014041E.jpg

This from the rust row at the Michigan Flywheelers Museum. Their huge property had so many beautiful displays. I have several pics of these wonderful setups. Just have to develop and scan them. They had a tractor show this past weekend.

FlyDay2TriXDDXM93570060E-01.jpeg

Most reactions

Back