Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just did week 8

Attachments

• $image-783294465.jpg
    $image-783294465.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 83
too much skin retouching/dodging? the raw file is flat so i had to do SOMETHING

Flat is from lighting / processing... babies don't need skin retouching except for birth weirdness... the lighting makes his mouth look really weird, kind of like the Joker in Batman (1989)! Cute little chubby cheeks though...

Well I should say even not flat. D3 / sb-900 bounced off the ceiling straight up / 24-70 or 70-200 not sure which lens was used in this particular photo. I like natural light but learning more about flash. I was told the trick is to make someone guess how you lit the subject. Takes time n practice.

Well I should say even not flat. D3 / sb-900 bounced off the ceiling straight up / 24-70 or 70-200 not sure which lens was used in this particular photo. I like natural light but learning more about flash. I was told the trick is to make someone guess how you lit the subject. Takes time n practice.

Light was too close, and bouncing off the ceiling made the reflecting light source too high.. hence the shadows on his "jowls". Move the flash farther away to get more direct light on his face.. instead of above him...

Don't have a pocket wizard, on camera unless I use the D7000 with commander mode. I understand what you are saying but not an option right now.

Don't have a pocket wizard, on camera unless I use the D7000 with commander mode. I understand what you are saying but not an option right now.

Yes.. it is! Put camera farther away.. with flash on camera (bouncing off ceiling at say a 30 to 45 degree angle or so). Longer focal length to get same shot! Simple....

Shooting in her bedroom, not a studio. That's the widest part of the nursery. I did what you are saying but I bounced the light behind me. I'll try with the 24-70 and go backwards. Ill keep playing with various settings.

Shooting in her bedroom, not a studio. That's the widest part of the nursery. I did what you are saying but I bounced the light behind me. I'll try with the 24-70 and go backwards. Ill keep playing with various settings.

easy solution even for a very small room? Light stand, umbrella, flash adapter! Cheap $30 - good $50 to $100! Problem solved! (Don't even need flash triggers - Commander mode.. works well indoors in small spaces)

I'll play around with umbrellas. The D3 doesn't have the commander mode, no pop up flash.

I'll play around with umbrellas. The D3 doesn't have the commander mode, no pop up flash.

Oops.. forgot about that... so a long ttl cord... no biggie...

Wonderfull eyes and a very clean composition. I agree about lighting, and the baby's right shoulder/arm line could be better underlined for the picture to be perfect..

Most reactions

Back