Weekend Trip | Cooks Forest | Must see?

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, the girlfriend and I are going up to Cooks Forest for Valentines Weekend and will be spending a long weekend in a Cabin. Has anyone been up there? Good sights? Any must do's? Photo opportunities?

If you have any photos to share that would be amazing.

Updated with some photos.....

The cabin was extremely nice and cozy, especially with the fireplace.
IMG_0362_zpsqdlux88g.jpg

We made the trip up to The Kinzua Sky Walk in the negative degree weather and it was definitely worth it!
IMG_0373_zpssu8zdwmo.jpg

Overview
IMG_0372_zps8w88yime.jpg

Most roads had "NO Winter Maintenance" signs and it was awesome for my Rubicon :)
IMG_0385_zpsja5wrxl1.jpg

And we made the trip up to the Fire Tower but the sunset/weather was a dud, but luckily I had this.........Ninja Warrior to photograph hahaha
IMG_0386_zpsepflfrv2.jpg

Thanks,
Sean

Last edited:
Looks like we might get some decent amount of snow which should be nice for some photos.

Hey everyone, the girlfriend and I are going up to Cooks Forest for Valentines Weekend and will be spending a long weekend in a Cabin. Has anyone been up there? Good sights? Any must do's? Photo opportunities?

If you have any photos to share that would be amazing.

Thanks,
Sean

If it snows enough you might get some rather good pictures of the cabins. Certainly look for the frozen sections along the river. Enjoy!

I've never been, but please do keep us updated (preferably with pictures)!

Because of my location and work, I've visited many parks in the central and eastern part of the state. I haven't ventured to Cook.

Because of my location and work, I've visited many parks in the central and eastern part of the state. I haven't ventured to Cook.
I'll definitely be taking a bunch of photos, and the GF is just getting into photography too, so it should be a great trip! :)

I'll definitely be taking a bunch of photos, and the GF is just getting into photography too, so it should be a great trip! :)
Awesome! Sounds like a great trip! Have fun! :)

I believe they have ice skating, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, sledding slopes, forest cathedrals, and so on. So it should be a real nice weekend.

Let me see if I have this right. You're going up to a cabin with just your girlfriend in the woods, away from civilization , i.e. Not a lot of people around, for Valentines weekend. A lovely romantic place with privacy, a fire place, no one around, glorious woods, serenity with no one there to bother you, the beauty of nature, without anyone else there and you are wanting to take pictures???
latest

What is this younger generation coming too???

I can think of a MUST DO or two, but photography isn't one of them, and if it was to involve photography the pictures wouldn't be shareable.

Let me see if I have this right. You're going up to a cabin with just your girlfriend in the woods, away from civilization , i.e. Not a lot of people around, for Valentines weekend. A lovely romantic place with privacy, a fire place, no one around, glorious woods, serenity with no one there to bother you, the beauty of nature, without anyone else there and you are wanting to take pictures???
latest

I can think of a MUST DO or two, but photography isn't one of them, and if it was to involve photography the pictures wouldn't be shareable.
HHAHHAHHA.....Well, there will be those photos too, trust me LOL...

We'll have a private spa session, hot tub, etc. So its going to be a nice time.

Definitely want to make it 'memorable'.

latest

HHAHHAHHA.....Well, there will be those photos too, trust me LOL...

We'll have a private spa session, hot tub, etc. So its going to be a nice time.

Definitely want to make it 'memorable'.

Feel free to PM any photos you'd like a tasteful and discreet C&C on to my inbox! LOL!!!

Updated with some photos.

Most reactions

Back