Weekly challenge 3/23 - 3/29 In Living Color

I think this is harmony in color and form, it reminds me of those old Hollywood dance movies with 'Fred and Ginger' where filmed from above a load of dancers made fantastic symmetrical shapes. The photo (Begonia plant) consists of the same image that has been superimposed in 3 different crop sizes and 3 different color shades, then mirrored horizontally and vertically. Fuji XE1 + 18/55 lens - handheld

View attachment 170719

I think this is harmony in color and form, it reminds me of those old Hollywood dance movies with 'Fred and Ginger' where filmed from above a load of dancers made fantastic symmetrical shapes. The photo (Begonia plant) consists of the same image that has been superimposed in 3 different crop sizes and 3 different color shades, then mirrored horizontally and vertically. Fuji XE1 + 18/55 lens - handheld

View attachment 170719

This is awesome and an idea that's going in my project file to try one day

There's a reason the hulk wears purple pants - purple and green are my favorite color duo. These are a bit noisy since I didn't edit them other than cropping on my ipad. Been trying to get a minute to photograph these since I bought them on Saturday and no time for a full edit today! Haven't been using my camera much lately - I hate the cold weather. Bring on the spring colors and flowers!

you had me at purple by SharonCat..., on Flickr

color harmony by SharonCat..., on Flickr

for little curls... by SharonCat..., on Flickr

There's a reason the hulk wears purple pants - purple and green are my favorite color duo. These are a bit noisy since I didn't edit them other than cropping on my ipad. Been trying to get a minute to photograph these since I bought them on Saturday and no time for a full edit today! Haven't been using my camera much lately - I hate the cold weather. Bring on the spring colors and flowers!

you had me at purple by SharonCat..., on Flickr

color harmony by SharonCat..., on Flickr

for little curls... by SharonCat..., on Flickr
Sharon, these are primo examples of the challenge you have posed this week.
Green and magenta are opposing colors.
Blue and yellow are opposing colors.
And your images' palettes are limited to just these complementary harmonies.

Earlier in my posts here I mentioned that my aging Ps CS4 doesn't have the more recent versions' Adobe Color Theme.
It has a less versatile extension called Kuler.

I've found, from a youtube tutorial, that if one wants to look at a color wheel and explore the various analogous or complementary or triad color harmonies and one doesn't mind going online, Adobe has a url for doing just that.

Adobe Color

I plugged color.adobe.com into my browser's address bar.
It gives many more options than my Photoshop's Kuler.

if one wants to look at a color wheel and explore the various analogous or complementary or triad color harmonies

Or you could do like I did many years ago buy a Pocket Color Wheel. This one hasn't changed in 20 years, is easy to use, lasts forever and still only costs a few bucks. Artist's Color Wheel - BLICK art materials You can also find them at Hobby Lobby, and other art supply store, as well as many office supply store.

Most reactions

Back