Weekly challenge 4/11 - 4/17 the Bored Photographer Challenge

I've been locked in but had very little time for photography. I have been working from home and been busy creating long overdue company SOP's, job descriptions, updating employee manual, safety policies, etc.

I had in mind all week to do something. This morning watching the weather channel there was an experiment with oil, water and food coloring. Used an LED flashlight and a white board.

041620_041SMw.JPG

041620_051SMw.JPG

041620_061SMw.JPG

4. the setup
041620_083SMw.JPG

I decided to give the oil and water drops a try. I felt better about this one than my attempt at water drop refraction, but still would change a few things if I had more time. BTW, do I get bonus points for one of the water/oil drop attempts turning into an unintended refraction?
DSC_5409-small.jpg

DSC_5412-small.jpg

DSC_5425-small.jpg

DSC_5429-small.jpg

DSC_5397-small.jpg

That last one looks like a frog. How did you get the drops to be a different color than the water? Did you use food coloring?

That last one looks like a frog. How did you get the drops to be a different color than the water? Did you use food coloring?
I followed the YouTube video you listed and used red and blue food coloring. I always run out of time, but I'll try this one again.

Last edited:
More to come on this concept after I do some stacking but for now - water drop inception - it’s a photo of a flower inside a water drop inside a photo of a flower in some water drops

0FAE1AD8-AAE9-43A6-9589-3BA5F50439A5.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back