Weekly challenge 6/20 - 6/26 It’s time to change!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this weeks challenge, change it up! If you shoot landscapes all the time, get into some macro or shoot a portrait. If you’re a bird shooter or usually stick to flower portraits, try a wide landscape or a night sky shoot or an indoor scene. If you mostly shoot in a black and white mindset, go for some vivid colors. If you’re a portrait shooter, go for something without eyes! Dig out that never used macro or portrait or wide angle and make it work for you!

Get out of your comfort zone and try something new. It doesn’t have to be earth shattering, doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be something new to keep it fresh.

New photos only please for the challenge.

I took a small leap put of my comfort zone. I always use a digital camera, with a zoom lens most of the time. I used my FM2 with the 50mm 1.4 today. 200 ISO Kodak Color Plus film. I limited myself to one roll, 36 shots. Had to wait a bit longer to see the photos, but had the tendency to chimp anyways.

Out the bus window
1 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Kind biker
5 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Another step out of my comfort zone. I approached them and asked if I could take their photo. They obliged.

10 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

3 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Old neighborhood
8 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

ON2
7 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

ON3
6 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

New Neighborhood
9 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Some pup
4 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

12 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Baduk
11 by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

This assignment is too open ended, especially since I shoot a little of everything. I will try to post an uncommon photo.

Here's my effort to trying something different from the norm. Shapes, shadows, and light as art. Shot in color rather than my usual B&W presentation.
DSCF4145.jpeg

Last edited:
This assignment is too open ended, especially since I shoot a little of everything. I will try to post an uncommon photo.

Ok we’ll give you a specific assignment. A portrait.

To be honest, animals and plants have never had my interest from an early age. For many years, every now and then a walk through the forest or a city park and quite often a visit to the zoo, sometimes even without a camera, that's it for me! I still belong to the risk group with few chances of survival if I end up in IC with corona, so I've to be very careful and will not just go anywhere just by chance. I'll try to fully focus on animals and plants during this week. No idea what it will bring.

View attachment 193300

Once again I'm going to take a bit of a liberty here. I am an opportunistic photographer like many of you and I shoot just about anything. So I thought I would take a piece of equipment I never use. I have the Hasselblad attachment to my Motorola phone.

Haven't touched it for years.

All day I was struggling to get an image I wanted to share. Nothing.

Then, I was sitting on the deck in the woods by the lake playing the guitar and when I set it down saw this.

Happy Summer.

IMG_20200621_175621878-03_copy_1392x1113.jpeg

Last edited:
When I was a child, it was always a joke that it would be nice if palm trees grew along the North Sea boulevard, ofcourse absolutely impossible with our maritime climate, but gradually we are getting a more southern European climate and that is why we succeed to let figs overwinter and grow on our terrace. Every year there are more and they taste good.

View attachment 193353

Every year there are more and they taste good.

That does it. I'm taking a break and getting something sweet to eat. No figs though that would be nice. Perhaps chocolate...something you folks are experts in. That and beer, but it is a bit early for that.

I'll do landscape and use my GFX50R and the 65mm.

What's next? Water falls? Lol

If you have one nearby get an ND filter and shoot it. I don't use mine very often but when I do the results are interesting. My guess is there isn't one (a waterfall) close by in OH but a roiling stream will do.

So the 950 is brand new? Tell us what you think.

What's next? Water falls? Lol

If you have one nearby get an ND filter and shoot it. I don't use mine very often but when I do the results are interesting. My guess is there isn't one (a waterfall) close by in OH but a roiling stream will do.

So the 950 is brand new? Tell us what you think.

I did bring a ND filter but forgot my tripod. For my wide, I have my xf10 which has built in ND. I like the P950, it is impressive for what it is, a small sensor, bridge camera.

Most reactions

Back