Weekly challenge 3/28 - 4/3 Straight Outta Camera

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge challenge, shoot in jpeg and post your photos straight out of the camera. No cropping or editing of any kind. If you’re a Fuji shooter or another brand that has film simulations, use the “standard” sim.

For all the get it right in camera purists, here’s your chance to show off your skills. For those who always edit, here’s a challenge to see if you can produce something that meets your final image standards without relying on edits.
As always, new photos only for the weekly challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

We got a dusting of snow overnight. I had noticed yesterday that the dwarf iris bulbs that I planted in the fall have started to come up so I grabbed my camera and ran out there before it could melt! I confess that I forgot about this challenge and shot the first set of photos in raw. Typically I shoot raw plus JPEG with two cards but my camera only had one card in it so it was set to just raw. When I realized this I went back out there with my camera set to JPEG and took these. Unfortunately the snow had started to melt away already. I’m happy with the exposures but the framing is not good because I was in an awkward spot. Room for improvement!

31BA9417-40BA-4E59-AE9F-8BFBDAF0F9DC.jpeg

A897737A-4F75-446E-B990-C4BAEF6A6B40.jpeg

I’m happy with the exposures but the framing is not good because I was in an awkward spot.

Interesting point about framing because I find I rarely use 3x2 so the first edit is almost always a crop for composition. I could have cropped in camera but I'm guessing that would defeated the purpose of the challenge.

Snow is so tricky to photograph. Looks good for SOOC.

Interesting point about framing because I find I rarely use 3x2 so the first edit is almost always a crop for composition. I could have cropped in camera but I'm guessing that would defeated the purpose of the challenge.

Snow is so tricky to photograph. Looks good for SOOC.
ECBE892A-D3D5-4DB7-9763-B91765490394.jpeg

I went out shooting with my film SLR today, but I knew that I wanted to submit something to the challenge. So I brought along my little digital point and shoot. Forgot to bring it out at my first location, but I'm happy with a couple of these that I got from my third and second locations respectively, so here goes.
full
full

Old Red Cedar stump on the trail where I spend most of my lunch time. Took my little PowerShot, everything full auto, SOOC.

Had a couple of more I wanted to post, but too large and that would require some edits, so didn't post them.

Nice texture. I'm not sure post processing would improve it.

Most reactions

Back