Weekly challenge 6/6 - 6/12 Your World in Macro

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, post macro photos taken in or around your home, garden or work environment. Don’t worry if you don’t have a true macro lens - just get as close up as you can.

As always, new photos only for the weekly challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

(point of a ballpoint pen)

For this shot I used 2 Olympus Zuiko lenses, 50mm and 35mm, with the front lenses taped together (since I don't have a reversing ring) and then attached to a Fuji X-E1 with an adapter. This challenge comes a little too early because I'm working on adapting an (old) bellows device for Fuji lenses.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the postings. I'm out since I don't have a macro lens. I can do a close-up only.

Looking forward to the postings. I'm out since I don't have a macro lens. I can do a close-up only.
Close up works!

OK, I had to be creative to figure how to do macro w/o proper lens or extension tubes. Subject is a Christmas Cactus.

I held my Nikon D750 w/ 35mm lens up to two different lenses and held it all together, as follows:
This first photo is shot through a projection lens and I got a bit of magnification but softer.
Second photo is shot through a large desktop photo magnifying loupe for greater magnification and clarity.

MT1_6787.jpeg
MT1_6791.jpeg

Last edited:
These two were taken in a hotel room because we were traveling home from vacation when I saw the challenge. The first is a detail from a coffee collar. The second is a detail from a painting. It was hand held so not real sharp.

_MG_8181- Cup Collar.jpeg

_MG_8189- Painting.jpeg

I’m not at home this weekend so this will have to do! It’s peak lupine season up here along the coast of northern Maine.

A53BC60D-6D7F-47A6-A4DC-B910FB93FF50.jpeg

Most reactions

Back