Weekly challenge 7/25 - 7/31 The devil is in the details

To accentuate to where I wanted the eye to move and attend to detail, I used the zoom at its max 200mm and its widest aperture.
I tried to get complementary colors for the background to contrast the red of the fading bloom.
I tried to have luminosity contrast between bloom and background.
I tried to achieve natural framing of the bloom within the cactus branches.
And of course I shot about 6 frames hoping that focus on the bloom was achieved properly. It did on one.

fading cactus flower 25Jul20

DSC_8512 (2).JPG

Today I experimented a bit with some new plugins and graphical tricks from the analog photo time. The handbag model really exists, the color combination really does not. It was fun to play.

I thought you'd gotten an x-ray machine from the airport!

There's quit a bit or pincushion curvature in your lens. Did you process from raw files and didn't correct?

I was out on a bike ride so I left the best gear at home. These were taken on a 50D with the Tamron 18-400 super zoom.

I noticed what you noticed and was too lazy to take it out! Busted!

That lens is actually really fun to use even with its limitations and I'm glad I got it.

What is that?

@fishing4sanity, there certainly must be some interesting details to go with that sickle bar shot.
Probably not anything to do with sand peas (eriosema floribundum) since they likely won't grow in eastern Washington.

Nice photo, though, and probably nicely cleaned metal under that sand layer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back