Weekly challenge 8/25 - 8/31 Livin it up in the city

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, post photos of cities. Your photos can be cityscapes, architecture, urban landscapes, scenes of city life... big city, small town, whatever you’ve got.

As always, new photos only please.

Glad you finally included those words " big city, small town, whatever you’ve got. " We don't even have a stoplight:biglaugh:

I'll do my best but living in DC, there is almost nothing that has not been shot before. I just left Oklahona City today and have a couple shots from downtown that would be a little more original, but they were taken before the challenge was issued.

Going to the big city this weekend with the X-T2 weather permitting. Usually I shoot video at the festival, but this year photos.

I'll do my best but living in DC, there is almost nothing that has not been shot before. I just left Oklahona City today and have a couple shots from downtown that would be a little more original, but they were taken before the challenge was issued.

Just because something has been shot before, doesn't mean it's not worth shooting! If that were the case there would be very little left to photograph. I really enjoyed DC the couple of times I have been there - it's a great photography city.

Going to the big city this weekend with the X-T2 weather permitting. Usually I shoot video at the festival, but this year photos.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Details. Look for the details.

Just because something has been shot before, doesn't mean it's not worth shooting! If that were the case there would be very little left to photograph. I really enjoyed DC the couple of times I have been there - it's a great photography city.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

It was 64 today and tomorrow is heat index of 102. I can't take too much heat and at the same time think about camera settings.

I had just finished taking some telephoto landscape shots with film, got the film scans back today and they were terrible, so no film pics to post. The Vintage Pentax ESII camera I was using developed problems. Fortunately I had also taken my Canon SX10IS point and shoot and took the pictures below. I might try some more film shots this week. The Cleveland script shown below is one of several and are popular for people to have their picture taken with. The 2nd photo is the Cleveland skyline taken with zoom from Edgewater Park on Lake Erie.

Last edited:
Took the Hasselblad on a bike ride along the Potomac. Oh, not one of those Hasselblads, the one that attaches to my phone. Motorola must have made them an offer they could not refuse!

Arrival end of runway 19 at DCA taken from the park at Gravelly Point.

IMG_20180825_141721086-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Festival of Nations, St. Louis has several stages of free cultural entertainment. There are booths with vendors representing many countries. This is the main avenue of food vendors. There are about 50 booths featuring food from around the world. If you can't find something to eat here, well I don't know what to say.

082518_12wSmall.jpg

Most reactions

Back