Weekly challenge 9/1 - 9/7 Color blind

Ask and you shall receive!

...and what lens? Given the shallow DOF a 1.4 or even 1.2?

This was taken with the Lensbaby Velvet 56. Aperture was set at 5.6. This is the sharpest aperture for this lens. Anything above or below will start creating the effects the lens is designed for. I like using it for macro at 5.6. It works well enough for my primitive tastes, lol.

I stole some of Dean's translucence and lit a marigold with a gelled speedlight. I have to say, even though I shot intending a BW conversion, I think I'm favoring the color versions.

bw chal-1-15.jpg

bw chal-1-16.jpg

bw chal-1-17.jpg

bw chal-1-18.jpg

This was taken with the Lensbaby Velvet 56. Aperture was set at 5.6. This is the sharpest aperture for this lens. Anything above or below will start creating the effects the lens is designed for. I like using it for macro at 5.6. It works well enough for my primitive tastes, lol.

Wow! I was not even close. I think @SquarePeg has that lens and likes to shoot botanical subjects with it. Very interesting.

Lensbaby Velvet 56 is a 1.6

@jcdeboever I like the color version better than the b&w on the swans. Either way great shot!

@jcdeboever I like the color version better than the b&w on the swans. Either way great shot!

That's cool. I don't care for either one. I am just learning from the challenge. It helps a great deal in pre-visualization. It is an excellent exercise if one takes it seriously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back