Weekly challenge - #Filtered 3/3 - 3/9

rederzhausen landscape frame.jpg

Samsung S8+, vintage photo effect in snapit app

Thanks JC, I was scrolling down, and drinking coffee when your shot came up. Think I may have snorted coffee out the nose. That's a freaky weird catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized that I slacked off and didn't start a new challenge on Friday! Let's continue this one for the rest of this week and we'll start something new on Friday which I'll post the thread for on Thursday. If anyone has any specifics on a challenge they would like to do, please feel free to PM me your ideas. I have a few from other members in the bank that we'll be using for the next couple of week unless other inspiration strikes!

Here's one for me for this week. I'm not very good at B&W conversions - something I'll need to work on. This is the Topaz Platinum VI filter:

140622191712_6af5a1e7d5_o.jpg

#8 - water in the ditch

I downloaded the free editing program Pixlr (https://pixlr.com) 1 or 2 years ago, but I haven't used it much.
Because I've about 20-30 free and paid editing programs, many of which I use for just a single effect, I unlocked the various blocked options - like this one - in Pixlr only last weekend. As a designer/decorator/photographer, I still like this kind of graphic effects. I've made many of these "psychedelic" pieces as a photography student and sold them as wall decorations in the late 1970s. Who knows, perhaps I will pick this up again, although everybody can do things like this nowadays.

(atomic effect)
View attachment 155024

(elecromagnetic effect)
View attachment 155025

(ultraviolet effect)
View attachment 155027

Last edited:
Not meant to be a comparison, because the camera angle and exposure settings are different. The first is shot with no filter, the second with a polarizer on the lens. A little bump in clarity and saturation applied equally to each.

filter-4398.jpg

filter-4419.jpg

Most reactions

Back