Weekly challenge - We’re Golden!

Here's my first attempt

Firefighter Memorial
FF memorial-1.jpg

I interpreted it as a spiral pattern. Used the Golden spiral overlay in PS. My feather pooped out a little early...
Screenshot (116).png

There is ANOTHER overlay for Golden Ratio which suggests I potentially missed the boat, but it was still a fun shoot!

Edit: Here it the golden ratio overlay- maybe it's still OK...
Screenshot (117).png

My best friends are pictured. We got together tonight and had a blast. The lady (wife of younger man) is a breast cancer survivor and a strong woman, like my wife. The two men are Father and Son. The Son is my best bud but his Pops is right there with him. I spend more time with Pops and talk Negro Leagues Baseball. He played in the Negro League, Detroit Stars. We have very stimulating conversations on baseball and how I can be a better salesman.

Can you tell they love me? Or is my love for them more evident?

View attachment 152139

Wonderful portrait! Pops sounds like a great person to interview. You shoot video?

I interpreted it as a spiral pattern. Used the Golden spiral overlay in PS. My feather pooped out a little early...
View attachment 152186

There is ANOTHER overlay for Golden Ratio which suggests I potentially missed the boat, but it was still a fun shoot!

View attachment 152188

I looked for the golden ratio overlay in PS CS5 and could not find.

My best friends are pictured. We got together tonight and had a blast. The lady (wife of younger man) is a breast cancer survivor and a strong woman, like my wife. The two men are Father and Son. The Son is my best bud but his Pops is right there with him. I spend more time with Pops and talk Negro Leagues Baseball. He played in the Negro League, Detroit Stars. We have very stimulating conversations on baseball and how I can be a better salesman.

Can you tell they love me? Or is my love for them more evident?

View attachment 152139

Wonderful portrait! Pops sounds like a great person to interview. You shoot video?
I never have. I think my camera does it. Actually, the wife wants me to video her cardio drumming class next week. I need to get the manual out. Lol.

The man has an incredible story as does his daughter in law, breast cancer survivor.

View attachment 152186

View attachment 152188

Took me awhile to find it. After opening the crop tool, you press the letter O, and then you can access a drop-down menu to use different overlays.

View attachment 152186

View attachment 152188

Took me awhile to find it. After opening the crop tool, you press the letter O, and then you can access a drop-down menu to use different overlays.

I tried this and the options were: none, rule of thirds and grid. I guess CS5 doesn't have the golden ratio option.

Affinity photo app has it but... only bottom right to left. It wouldn’t let me flip it. I thought that was weird because doesn’t the eye naturally go left to right? And isn’t the spiral applicable either way? I ended up using the mark up option in apple photos to draw my own spiral to make sure that I was close

I am working on a new project, a new series where I use the Dutch Maritime Heritage as a starting point. I focus on a kind of still life with ship components etc. and not so much on the historical significance.
For the time being I'm experimenting with color schemes, because I want to create all photos in a certain atmosphere, not in real, natural colors or simply (because it looks so nostalgic) sepia-tint. This image has been edited using "cross processing" plugin + sepia (as a 2nd layer) toning.
The small image shows the golden ratio (no Photoshop or Affinity) own calculation with factor 1.618

Gerard

View attachment 152226
View attachment 152227

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back