Weird yellow color on photos

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by HeiSar, Sep 12, 2020.

1. webestang64

webestang64 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here at the lab I work at we get all sorts of colors shifts from these oddball Cinestill films and yet our C-41 process is near flawless. I wonder what the results would be if processed in the films correct ECN-2 process.

2. HeiSar

HeiSar TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for all the information.

As an engineer I'm used to long and boring information :1247: Being an engineer is also why I want to know what went wrong. (I'll send you my Email on PM for that documentation). So far I have used more conventional films both B&W and colour and had no problems. This time wanted to try something different.

3. earthmanbuck

earthmanbuck No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I saw something on Reddit not too long ago about a batch of Cinestill 800T in 120 format being recalled. It appears they rolled the film backwards, redscaling it. Maybe your roll was one of these unfortunate ones?

I've never shot 800T, although I do have 3 or 4 rolls in the fridge. I'm hoping your experience is an unusual one...redscale is fun, but not when you're not planning for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. HeiSar

HeiSar TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I think this is what happened. I don't have the packing anymore so can't check the batch number. Found also similar looking example photos.

Cinestill 800T recalled batch results if anyone was wondering. : AnalogCommunity

Well, "Chin to chest and onwards to new disappoitments" as we say in Finland...